Reuss-Ebersdorf[needs IPA] was a county and from 1806 a principality located in Germany. The Counts of Reuss-Ebersdorf belonged to the Reuss Junior Line. Reuss was successively a part of the Holy Roman Empire, Confederation of the Rhine, German Confederation, North German Confederation, German Empire and Weimar Republic before becoming a part of Thuringia in 1920.
Following the death of Count Heinrich X of Reuss-Lobenstein in 1671, Reuss-Lobenstein was ruled jointly by his three sons Heinrich III, Heinrich VIII and Heinrich X. In 1678 Reuss-Lobenstein was partitioned with Heinrich III remaining Count of Reuss-Lobenstein, Heinrich VIII becoming Count of Reuss-Hirschberg and Heinrich X becoming the Count of Reuss-Ebersdorf.
In 1806 the title of the ruler of Reuss-Ebersdorf was upgraded to that of Prince. In 1824, on the death of Prince Heinrich LIV of Reuss-Lobenstein, Count Heinrich LXXII of Reuss-Ebersdorf succeeded him and took the title Prince of Reuss-Lobenstein-Ebersdorf. Prince Heinrich LXXII remained prince of Reuss-Lobenstein-Ebersdorf until his abdication in 1848 in favour of the prince of Reuss-Schleiz.
Raised to principality, 1806
Succeeded as Prince of Reuss-Lobenstein-Ebersdorf, 1824
To Reuss-Schleiz, 1848
Write a comment (no registration required)